Online advertising has come a long way. With so many platforms to choose from—Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, and so on—what makes Google search and display ads worth investing in? And how do you make that investment pay off?
Mike Rhodes, co-author of The Ultimate Guide to Google Ad Words, which is now in its fifth edition, talks about what makes Google ads tick. With over 15 years of Google ads experience, he’s about the best expert you can find in that field.
On this episode of the Perfectly Mentored Podcast, Mike and Jason talk about getting started with Google ads, what strategies to adopt—or avoid—and how to balance geeking out over data and getting work done.
- Who is Mike Rhodes? [00:18]
- Who should—or shouldn’t—be running Google ads? [12:14]
- Why ads are important even if you’re ranking organically? [19:10]
- How does someone figure out how much they should be paying per click? [25:28]
- How people should think about profit from Google ads? [29:57]
- What are the biggest mistakes you see companies making with Google ads? [35:19]
- What are the three things local businesses should do to generate great results? [41:07]
- What tools would you recommend for getting a good competitive analysis? [44:37]
Connect with us:
Connect with Mike Rhodes
Connect with Jason Portnoy