It goes without saying that starting a company is a huge undertaking. Where do you get the funding? How do you build your team and your leads? What will be your brand? Even after you establish your company, the questions and concerns do not end. So how do you build the tenacity to play the long game?
Jackie Hermes is the CEO of Accelity, a Milwaukee-based agency that helps SaaS startups get revenue and grow faster. She’s one of the most active people on LinkedIn where she sparks discussions about the daily life and challenges of growing a bootstrapped company. Jackie mentors student startups via The Commons. She’s a co-organizer of Startup Milwaukee EMERGE, an advisor with Golden Angels Investors, and a co-founder of Women’s Entrepreneurship Week.
In this episode of the Perfectly Mentored Podcast, Jackie and Jason discuss the ins and outs of bootstrapping a business, how women can put themselves more out there, and what are the tips and tricks for having an effective LinkedIn presence.
- Who is Jackie Hermes? [00:19]
- How did she get to where she is now and has she always been an entrepreneur at heart? [01:08]
- What was her background, and how did she get started on this journey? [01:53]
- How did her entrepreneurial experience at Accelity go? [02:40]
- Essential tips for bootstrapping a business [04:30]
- At what point do you start thinking about growth and taking on external resources? [06:21]
- How do you differentiate between delegating and abdicating responsibility?
- How is an entrepreneurial lifestyle perceived? [10:14]
- Pieces of advice for female entrepreneurs [13:16]
- How can women be more vocal? [15:39]
- What changes does parenthood bring to a business? [17:07]
- How do you stay productive, and tips to increase productivity? [18:59]
- What are the golden rules for growing a presence on LinkedIn? [23:00]
- What are the “dos and don’ts” in LinkedIn? [25:00]
- How do you do lead generation in a non-spammy way? [26:33]
- How important is having a brand presence when it comes to increasing revenue and achieving success? [28:02]
- What do most businesses do wrong when it comes to marketing? [29:16]
Connect with us:
Connect with Jackie Hermes
Connect with Jason Portnoy