EP119: Rebecca Minkoff: The Power of a Mission
Rebecca Minkoff is a globally recognized fashion designer. After 9/11 in 2001, she launched the I Love NY t-shirt collection and became an overnight global sensation. Today, Rebecca owns a global brand with a wide range of apparel, handbags, and many other signature pieces to her name. She also founded the Female Founder Collective, a network of businesses led by women who invest in female-centric financial power across the socioeconomic spectrum by enabling and empowering female-owned businesses. Rebecca also hosts her own podcast, Superwomen with Rebecca Minkoff.
On this episode of the Perfectly Mentored Podcast, Rebecca and Jason talk about the amount of hard work that goes on behind what seems like overnight success stories. They also discuss what entrepreneurs should be considering when creating their product/service and why a brand should also have a mission.
- Who is Rebecca Minkoff? [00:17]
- What do you say to entrepreneurs whose only focus is on revenue? [06:34]
- How important is building a brand when it comes to successful businesses? [9:46]
- What do you think made you stand out from the other people that came to New York with the same hopes and aspirations? [13:41]
- What advice do you have for entrepreneurs trying to break through a saturated market? [18:56]
- How do you think have businesses changed at the start of the pandemic and then how will it change further as we move through this new normal? [21:26]
- How do you develop the story and mission around the brand? [23:00]
- What is the Female Founder Collective and why do you believe so strongly in this? [26:02]
- What’s your advice to the women in business right now? [27:42]
- How important is mentorship? What’s your advice to people seeking mentors? [30:21]
Connect with us:
Connect with Rebecca Minkoff
Connect with Jason Portnoy