As a business grows, scaling becomes necessary for it to reach new heights. But with scaling being a term that often gets thrown around a lot, many business owners find it hard to prepare for the time to finally upscale their business model.
Allison Maslan is the CEO of Pinnacle Global Network and the author of the Wall Street Journal bestselling book Scale or Fail. She began her business journey at 19 years of age. Today, she can lay claim to having built 10 successful companies.
Allison’s star-studded clientele includes Ben & Jerry’s, Supercuts, and Allstate. Nowadays, she dedicates her time to helping other business owners scale their companies, fast-track their success, and have a more meaningful life.
On this episode of the Perfectly Mentored Podcast, Allison shares her entrepreneurial journey to becoming the Western world’s foremost expert on business scaling.
- Who is Allison Maslan? [0:16]
- Let’s talk about your entrepreneurial journey and how you become the scaling expert. [1:13]
- What does scaling a business actually mean? [4:43]
- At what point do businesses go into growth or scale mode? [6:45]
- What are the biggest reasons businesses fail to scale? [8:52]
- What can start-up businesses do to prepare themselves before they can actually scale? [10:51]
- What is your advice to business owners who find it hard to delegate? [12:27]
- How do you train or coach someone to take risks and break through fears? [19:07]
- How would you coach your clients to bounce back from a great loss? [23:25]
- What’s your advice to have both visionary and integrator roles work together properly? [26:23]
- What’s the biggest change in mindset that you need in order to scale? [29:04]
Connect with us:
Connect with Allison Maslan
Connect with Jason Portnoy