Buck Wise has a long history in both traditional and digital marketing. At the age of 17, Buck began a lifelong pursuit into the realms of content, distribution, and marketing. This led him to join the world’s largest advertising group, WPP, where he headed the global teams responsible for driving innovative campaigns for brands such as Google, Starbucks, and Nike, with a sharp focus on digital, AI, voice, data, technology consulting, education, and connection.
On this episode of the Perfectly Mentored podcast, Buck and Jason take us on a journey across the continuously evolving world of marketing, where building connections and having the right mindset for success are paramount.
- Who is Buck Wise? [0:17]
- You mentioned there’s a business, it's not just marketing and ROI, there’s P&L involved—how did they mesh that together or how do those worlds combine? [8:35]
- Coming from WPP, talk to me about the cultural chain and how important that is. [12:39]
- I talk about how important access is to people. You’re now on a private jet, with downtime, with arguably one of the best business scalers of all time. What are some of those key lessons you’ve learned? [17:21]
- What are you finding in terms of patterns of what businesses are doing right and what you find as a pattern of people doing wrong? [23:09]
- What are some of the biggest mistakes some of these companies are coming in with in regards to marketing? [24:55]
- What are some things that are working with those big global brands that can be applied to SMBs? [27:07]
- So on the other side of marketing, on the different components to it, how important is building a brand and branding for success, you know, the need to become your own platform? [30:45]
Connect with us:
Connect with Buck Wise
Connect with Jason Portnoy