Sales is a long game. More than a salesperson’s silver tongue and their creative offers, it’s their tenacity and patience that could really make or break their career. Hard work still remains to be the key to success, but this is not without challenges and distractions.
Ryan Stewman is the author of G Code and the leader of the Apex Movement. He’s also known as the Hardcore Closer. Ryan is on a mission to help as many people as possible become the most elite version of themselves and he has coached and helped over 20,000 clients.
The full-time investor has ownership in 30+ companies with more than a hundred employees. He’s also a top contributor to Forbes and has published 13 books, 4 of which have gone on to become bestsellers.
On this episode of the Perfectly Mentored Podcast, Ryan and Jason discuss what is important when it comes to sales, how mindset affects everyone, and what to do when faced with the “force of average.”
- Who is Ryan Stewman? [0:17]
- How did you start educating people about their business mindset? How did you become The Hardcore Closer? [0:56]
- How important is consistency and just showing up when it comes to sales? What is one of the biggest mistakes people can make when it comes to sales? [05:56]
- How do you get over rejection? What’s your advice for those who find the amount of work in sales to be overwhelming? [07:49]
- How important has mindset been to your success? And what advice do you have for those who want to overcome their imposter syndrome? [11:14]
- Why are friends and family usually the last ones to come around when you start doing something new? [19:27]
- What is the “G-Code”? [26:09]
- People love motivation but hate doing the actual work—how do you address that? [33:48]
- How important is building your personal brand and platform to you today? [39:33]
- How important is it for an entrepreneur to develop a persona that’s not too shy? [43:58]
- What books should every entrepreneur read? [46:48]
Connect with us:
Connect with Ryan Stewman
Connect with Jason Portnoy