Most coaches make their living by coaching in a single sport, discipline, or industry. Micheal Burt took that several steps further.
Affectionately known as Coach Burt, Micheal was able to take a lot of the things he learned from being an athletic coach for a high school basketball team to the business coaching industry. He believes there’s actually a lot of similarities between these two fields, making his transition to the realm of business go much smoother than expected.
On this episode of the Perfectly Mentored Podcast, Micheal shares his journey from the world of athletics to the realm of business and the life lessons you can learn from playing sports.
- Who is Micheal Burt? [00:17]
- What methods apply to both business and athletic coaching? [7:00]
- How important is it for people to have coaches? [12:00]
- What’s your advice on the decision-making process? [18:27]
- What's “Prey-Drive”? [24:04]
- Are people too afraid of rejection? [28:05]
- How can people be great at selling themselves? [33:33]
- On playing to win vs play not to lose [41:24]
Connect with us:
Connect with Micheal Burt
Connect with Jason Portnoy