Kurt Elster is one of the most highly regarded independent consultants in his industry. He's a senior ecommerce consultant who helps Shopify merchants like Jay Leno's Garage, uncover hidden profits in their websites through his ecommerce agency Ethercycle, with 1 million downloads. Kurt is also best known for hosting the unofficial Shopify podcast.
On today’s episode, Kurt talks about how to turn a Shopify store into a revenue-generating powerhouse of persuasion.
- Who is Kurt Elster? [00:20]
- Why Shopify? [12:22]
- What is the checklist that you go through with conversion rate optimization? [15:05]
- What are some of those obvious problems that you come across right off the bat? [18:09]
- How do you figure out where you need to start testing? [20:50]
- What are some of the benchmark numbers? [22:37]
- What are some of the main things that you find to annoy shoppers on a site? [25:19]
- What are some of the ingredients needed in a store in order to succeed? [28:32]
- Why is the “Back” button a merchant's biggest competitor? [31:42]
- What are some of the main must-have apps for Shopify stores? [39:15]
- What is the best way to run an exit popup? [46:53]
- What advice can you give to those who want to build their own Shopify store? [50:47]
Connect with Kurt Elster
Connect with Jason Portnoy