Podcasts are now a prevalent form of entertainment and education, but do you remember when they were still relatively obscure? There’s a special kind of wisdom we can glean from people responsible for pioneering the “normal” formats we now have access to.
John Lee Dumas is the founder and host of Entrepreneurs on Fire, an award-winning podcast that seeks to reveal the journey of today's most inspiring entrepreneurs. The podcast generates over $250,000 a month in revenue and has over 1M unique listeners a month, many of whom are inspired to take control of their lives and take the entrepreneurial leap.
On this episode of the Perfectly Mentored Podcast, John and Jason talk about the key behind successful entrepreneurs, important factors to consider when monetizing a podcast, and why creating a listener avatar is crucial.
- Who is John Lee Dumas? [00:27]
- What are the trends or commonalities you see in people who are super-achievers? [00:57]
- Are you goal-driven? Do you have a daily routine? Do you write down your goals? [01:51]
- Which guest had the biggest impact on you and what was it about it? [02:27]
- Is “serial learning” something you had before podcasting which led you to start? What made you decide to go into podcasting? [03:04]
- Any advice on when and how to start monetizing a podcast? [6:13]
- Do you think most people don't do enough research on exactly who their ideal audience is? [9:56]
- What podcast do you consume right now aside from your own? [13:22]
- What's the best and worst advice you've received throughout your entrepreneurial journey? [14:35]
- If you could go back and summarize your best advice from everything you've taken from all your guests, what would you tell all the entrepreneurs that have listened to your podcast? [15:36]
Connect with John Lee Dumas
Connect with Jason Portnoy
Like the episode? Come visit us on Apple Podcasts – don't forget to subscribe and leave a review! We appreciate your feedback and would love for you to help spread the word!