Randi Zuckerberg is an entrepreneur, investor, bestselling author, award-winning producer and founder and CEO of Zuckerberg Media. As an early employee of Facebook and creator of Facebook Live, Randi has extensive experience in using technology to build and promote businesses and the challenges it brings. She hosts a weekly tech-business show on SiriusXM called “Randi Zuckerberg Means Business” and helps kids learn about science and technology through her tv show DOT. and website Sue’s Tech Kitchen (suestechkitchen.com).
On this episode of the Perfectly Mentored Podcast, Randi and Jason talk about the relationship of technology with entrepreneurship and marketing. They also discuss tips on overcoming mental blocks and using the Pick Three Mentality to increase productivity. They also touch on other topics like the growing technological divide and raising strong, empowered women in the digital age.
- Who is Randi Zuckerberg? [00:14]
- What led Randi to transition from a Broadway actress to a thriving entrepreneur? [01:58]
- How her background in psychology helped her as a marketer? [05:04]
- What advice do you have for entrepreneurs who may have good jobs right now but want to jump off to entrepreneurship? [06:21]
- What were the early days of Facebook like? [08:22]
- Is technology bad for us or can it make the world a better place? [15:09]
- Randi talks about the broadening definition of entrepreneurship. [21:06]
- Randi talks about being well-lopsided as opposed to being well-balanced. [23:03]
- Randi talks about the Pick-Three Mentality and being excellent at three things at a time [24:09]
- How important is getting your name out there when it comes to building a successful business? [31:21]
- What advice do you have on raising strong empowered women? [35:18]
Connect with Randi Zuckerberg
Connect with Jason Portnoy
Like the episode? Come visit us on Apple Podcasts – don't forget to subscribe and leave a review! We appreciate your feedback and would love for you to help spread the word!