Millions of investors were shocked by the recent market crash due to the unpredictable COVID-19, but there is a group of investors who were prepared… These investors are WINNING in the market right now because they take a Warren Buffett-style approach to investing. And it’s not because they’re financial experts or can time the market, it’s because they use the principles of Rule #1 Investing.
Phil Town, the founder of Rule #1 Investing, is an expert investor and 3x New York Times Bestselling author who teaches investors how to buy great companies on sale. His approach is simple: Buy $10 bills for $5 and you are certain to make money.
This crash is just beginning and so is the opportunity of a lifetime for Rule #1 investors. It’s an incredibly rare time in the stock market when you can purchase undervalued companies at a great price.
This is when fortunes are made and generational wealth is created.
On today’s episode of the Perfectly Mentored Podcast, Phil and Jason discuss sound investment practices, what to do during the current economic downturn, what to invest in, and so much more.
- Who is Phil Town? [00:18]
- What is the background of Rule #1? Why have the principles behind it held true for at least the last 15 years? [1:54]
- How has your philosophy background played a role in how you run ads and how you become analytical of everything? [03:11]
- Why is it so important for you to give back by taking on the role of an investment mentor? [6:30]
- Do you ever feel empathetic towards the people you’re speaking in front of when you tell them how to invest their hard-earned money knowing the inherent risks involved? [9:52]
- What is the difference between investing and speculating? [12:30]
- How is the current market different from past crashes or economic downturns? [14:13]
- What are some good rules to follow right now for financial success? [20:00]
- What stocks and businesses are you paying attention to right now? [24:54]
- If you’re in your 20's and just getting started, 30's, 40's and retiring, what’s the best course of action to take when investing during those years? [36:32]
- If you don’t have a lot of money, do you believe you should still invest? How do you start? [53:00]
Connect with Jason Portnoy
Like the episode? Come visit us on Apple Podcasts – don't forget to subscribe and leave a review! We appreciate your feedback and would love for you to help spread the word!