The digital marketing space is filled with agencies that offer flashy shortcuts that claim to guarantee massive returns. This is why it’s so refreshing when an iconoclast decides to go against the grain and employ more pragmatic and conservative tactics. That’s exactly what Justin Marshall does.
Justin Marshall is the founder of Ad Hoc Media, a Facebook and Instagram media-buying agency based out of Brooklyn, New York. He also runs a coaching program for agency owners and e-commerce brands.
On today’s podcast, Justin and Jason talk about risk-averse digital marketing strategies, being honest about what you can do for your clients, why a lot of digital marketers sell “pipe dreams”, and many other fascinating topics.
- Who is Justin Marshall? [00:18]
- How did you get started in the digital marketing space? [01:15]
- How has your philosophy background played a role in how you run ads and how you become analytical of everything? [03:11]
- How has being risk-averse allowed you to be different as a media buyer and helped get your clients more results? [07:32]
- How does your candor set you apart from other digital marketers? [11:48]
- Why do you prefer to keep your client base small? [14:11]
- Why do you think so many media buyers focus on the ‘sexier’ aspects of digital marketing? [17:23]
- Why do so many brands fall for these ‘sexy’ advertising shortcuts? [18:26]
- How important are systems when it comes to running Facebook ads? [23:17]
- What metrics are important when it comes to an e-commerce account? [39:56]
- When it comes to taking on a client or someone looking to scale, what are the essentials for scalability? [42:36]
Connect with Justin Masrshall
Connect with Jason Portnoy
Like the episode? Come visit us on Apple Podcasts – don't forget to subscribe and leave a review! We appreciate your feedback and would love for you to help spread the word!