How often do you look outside the marketing box for inspiration? There is a wealth of books on marketing and strategies and so forth, but often, the most effective strategies may be found in other arenas of entertainment or politics. And once you fundamentally understand the psychology behind those golden strategies, it’s amazing how patterns begin to emerge in the people you see every day.
Curt Maly is a speaker, entrepreneur, and CEO of Black Box Social Media, LLC, a digital marketing agency and training company that focuses on helping mission-based businesses to expand their reach and scale-up through unique and creative digital marketing campaigns.
On this episode of the Perfectly Mentored podcast, Curt and Jason shed some light on the right way to use propaganda, Curt’s legendary BELT Method and the psychology of marketing online, and lessons from the way companies like Apple and Facebook get us addicted to their products. Tune in for a perspective on genius marketing that you won’t find anywhere else.
- Who is Curt Maly? [00:15]
- How do you view propaganda? [02:40]
- What role does emotion play in Trump’s marketing? [05:08]
- Any tips on using Facebook Live to reach your people? [08:13]
- Do you often see problems with consistency in people marketing online? [12:54]
- How can I use propaganda to my advantage? [15:40]
- What is the belt method? [19:11]
- What does playing the long game in marketing mean to you? [22:50]
- How does psychology play into the way you market? [24:57]
- Do you tailor your creative to specific parts of the customer journey? [28:39]
- What metrics are important to you? [34:15]
- What’s the value of engagement on posts? [37:16]
- Have you met anyone for whom your method doesn’t work? [40:36]
- What can we learn from the way Apple gets us addicted? [43:39]
- What is the Facebook Breakdown Effect and why is it important? [44:53]
- How can people reach you? [50:14]
Connect with Curt Maly
Connect with Jason Portnoy
Like the episode? Come visit us on Apple Podcasts – don't forget to subscribe and leave a review! We appreciate your feedback and would love for you to help spread the word!