EP174: Chris Haddad: Turning Words Into Millions
Copywriting is more than just getting your reader hooked and sparking interest in your offer.
It’s the art of building connections through storytelling, communicating your brand, and speaking to your audience’s emotions.
This has long been the mantra of copywriting savant Chris “Mr. Moneyfingers” Haddad in helping businesses use words to drive over millions of dollars in sales.
Having ventured into the copywriting and marketing scene over a decade ago, Chris proved to be a natural, earning six figures as a direct response copywriter during only his first year on the job. From there, he could only go up—he’s one of the most elite copywriters of today.
In this episode of the Perfectly Mentored Podcast, Jason picks Chris’ brain about his copywriting course, the P.I.G. Method, the importance of defining and understanding the business’s brand and offer, and his take on the right approach to copywriting.
- Chris’s background. [2:20]
- What are the steps of the P.I.G. Method and what does that mean for an average listener? [4:43]
- What’s the toughest industry you've written for? [8:11]
- How much research do you do before you sit down and write? [9:34]
- How do you find new angles when writing copy about similar offers? [11:21]
- Advice for aspiring copywriters who are struggling to navigate the field. [13:45]
- How to make a thumb-stopping ad. [14:21]
- When you’re doing the research or consuming a lot of stuff, how do you break off and find your own voice? [15:52]
- What’s the biggest mistake you see copywriters making today? [17:04]
- Do you really believe anyone can become a good copywriter? [19:49]
- What’s the common trait that great copywriters share? [21:15]
- How would you train someone to get into the psychological aspect of copywriting? [22:02]
- What’s the most important part of copywriting? [23:48]
- How do you know what the audience wants? [24:38]
- What lessons from writing in the romance niche had the biggest impact on how you write for other niches? [25:39]
- Why do people go off-topic when writing copy? [28:28]
- Who’s a modern-day, up-and-coming copywriter you think is exceptional? [30:05]
Want to work with Jason one-on-one? Click Here
Connect with Chris Haddad:
Connect with us:
Connect with Jason Portnoy
Like the episode? Watch and support us on YouTube