To truly be successful, you must be able to take the lessons you’ve learned from your career and apply them not just to your profession, but to your personal life as well. If you can constantly find ways to improve and balance all aspects of your life, then that is an achievement that no one can ever take away from you.
That’s exactly what Jeremy Delk has been able to do. He is an accomplished investor, founder, and entrepreneur in several entities across industries and countries. He acquired experience and expertise from the financial sector with Fidelity Investments, which eventually led to him becoming the founder of Delk Enterprises in 2002.
In this episode of the Perfectly Mentored Podcast, Jeremy shares lessons that he learned throughout his career, several of which can be applied in various aspects of life. This episode is fun yet insightful conversation about business and life in general, so tune in if this is something that interests you!
- How did you get started? [1:47]
- Do you truly love the process despite its ups and downs? [4:53]
- How do you “shut your brain off” and unplug? [6:43]
- How is it like now that your kids require more attention from you? [8:46]
- Do you try to involve your kids in your work? [12:55]
- Do you think that people who grew up without having to struggle tend to be more complacent than others? [16:52]
- Do you think there’s a lot of entrepreneurs out there that would be so much better if they went to work for someone else, rather than own a business? [23:23]
- Are you shocked at how bad the system is for teaching people personal finance? [24:17]
- Do you think schools are not focused enough on teaching kids things that they can actually use in real life? [27:55]
- What lessons did you learn from day trading can you apply in real life? [28:45]
- How do you celebrate your wins? [31:40]
- What’s the biggest mistake you see entrepreneurs making? [35:10]
- When you were scaling your business, what did you have to change in your mind? [38:18]
- What are your thoughts on compounding? [41:08]
- What’s your advice for people who think they should’ve “lost it all”? [43:43]
- What’s something entrepreneurs need to hear? [45:02]
Connect with Jeremy Delk:
Connect with us:
Connect with Jason Portnoy
Want to see how Jason and his team can help you grow your business? CLICK HERE
Like the episode? Watch and support us on YouTube