EP157: Maha Abouelenein: Building Your Personal Brand
Nowadays, public relations are everything. Whether you’re a business owner, an athlete or a celebrity—your ability to build an effective personal brand, protect your reputation, and form connections can make or break your success.
And there’s no one better to learn from than the queen of PR herself, Maha Abouelenein! She has over 20 years of experience advising global corporations, high-tech growth startups, and top governments, and is the founder of Organizational Consultants, a strategic communication consulting firm with offices in the USA and Dubai. She also handles PR for Nike, Target, Gary Vaynerchuk, and more!
In this episode of the Perfectly Mentored Podcast, Maha joins Jason Portnoy to talk about building a personal brand and how you can maximize your PR efforts. So if you have a story you've been wanting to tell, stay tuned for top tips from an expert!
- How did you become the “Queen of PR”? [1:27]
- Why should people focus more on their personal brands? [3:06]
- Do you need a team to build a personal brand online? [8:26]
- Why does someone like Gary V need people to help him with his personal brand? [10:36]
- How do you figure out where you can add value, and then make the pitch? [12:54]
- What strategy did you use to build your network? [16:27]
- What’s the right way to build a network? [19:59]
- What’s the perfect content strategy? [24:22]
- How important is traditional media today? [27:10]
- What are some top tips in order to land some press? [27:45]
- How do you learn to tell your story and make it something people want to hear? [28:48]
- What do you look for when choosing people to work with? [34:03]
Connect with us:
Connect with Maha Abouelenein:
Connect with Jason Portnoy
Want to see how Jason and his team can help you grow your business? CLICK HERE
Like the episode? Watch and support us on YouTube