Instagram is one of the most widely used social media platforms today for growing a business. And just like its contemporaries and competitors, it is constantly evolving.
For many of the users looking to grow their brand on Instagram, keeping up with these changes can be overwhelming. One small misstep can ultimately compromise a brand’s progress because grabbing the audience’s attention simply isn’t as cheap or easy as it was before.
But for “Instagram Guy” Lucas O’Keefe, navigating the platform is simply a matter of presenting authentic and value-driven content that makes your brand stand out. From starting as a middle school teacher to helping businesses grow their brand during the pandemic, Lucas capitalized on his genuine fondness for content communication to further hone his craft. This newfound calling would prove to be a gamechanger because—after only a year and a half—he was able to organically increase his Instagram following to just under 150,000.
In this episode of the Perfectly Mentored Podcast, Jason sits down with Lucas as they talk about the fundamentals of modern Instagram marketing, the power of organic reach, and the importance of providing value to an audience. They also dive into Instagram’s algorithm and how it affects one’s progress in growing their brand.
- How Lucas O’Keefe became the “Instagram Guy” [1:20]
- How does Instagram work? [5:02]
- How should one approach content creation in line with Instagram’s expansion to a video-sharing platform? [6:33]
- How important are captions? [10:07]
- What’s the hashtag strategy we should all be using right now? [12:47]
- How do you search for the right hashtags and what type of audience are you looking for within those hashtags? [16:05]
- How often should we be posting? [26:58]
- Do you ever go into your insights? [29:06]
- How many stories per day should you be posting? [30:16]
- What are the do’s and don’t’s of growing your following? [31:11]
- How do you recover from the algorithm-driven “penalties” of using bots or fake followers? [36:31]
- Can you technically run ads and trick the algorithm to get out of the penalty of having too many bots or fake followers? [40:49]
- What are the tricks for business owners with established personal brands to build their businesses on Instagram? [42:20]
- Rank the following in terms of importance––comments, likes, shares, and saves. [45:00]
Connect with us:
Connect with Lucas O’Keefe
Connect with Jason Portnoy
Want to see how Jason and his team can help you grow your business? CLICK HERE
Like the episode? Watch and support us on YouTube