An effective content strategy is all about creating engaging and dynamic content. Videos have always been an attention-grabbing medium but it can be intimidating for some people to stand in front of a rolling camera. For a world that’s gone virtual where almost everyone has a livestream, how will you keep up?
Molly Mahoney is a digital strategist who specializes in creating authentic video content and leveraging Messenger bot marketing to skyrocket sales. After creating a video that reached a million people organically, she developed her signature “Go Live And Monetize” program also known as the GLAM method. Molly has been featured in Inc magazine and has spoken at Social Media Marketing World.
On this episode of the Perfectly Mentored Podcast, Molly and Jason explore how business owners can present themselves and their brand on video (especially on livestreams), what to do when feeling insecure about your business in comparison to competitors, and the formula for a good balance between different types of content.
- Who is Molly Mahoney? [00:18]
- One of your most popular programs is GLAM (Go Live And Monetize) – what do people who go through it accomplish? [02:37]
- How does one become authentically themselves while remaining attractive to their market base? [6:14]
- What are the similarities between performing on stage and being an entrepreneur? How has being a performer prepared you for the business world? [11:57]
- How do you get over the insecurity regarding competing with similar businesses? [16:19]
- Is public scrutiny worse for females than it is for males? [21:19]
- What are your tips for generating revenue through video for a beginner? [24:38]
- In terms of content, what’s the proper balance between value posts and sales promotion? [27:10]
- When it comes to Live videos, what should people be talking about? What if no one shows up? [32:38]
- What advice do you have for community-building? [38:03]
- How important is building a personal brand to achieving success? [40:32]
- How do you put that human element into your brand? [42:09]
Connect with us:
Connect with Molly Mahoney
Connect with Jason Portnoy
Like the episode? Come visit us on Apple Podcasts – don't forget to subscribe and leave a review! We appreciate your feedback and&