People don’t remember facts, they remember stories. That’s the key to good marketing, you just have to tell engaging, captivating stories. You have to resonate with people because people remember things that affect them emotionally. So even if you’re selling the most innovative product on the market, you’ll still need to market it with a great story.
Swan Sit has an incredible resume. She is an independent board director of public trading companies and an expert on digital marketing. She’s helped run global digital operations as a VP for Nike, and she’s also worked with other big brands like Revlon, Estee Lauder, and many more.
On this episode of the Perfectly Mentored Podcast, Swan and Jason discuss how storytelling is an essential part of marketing. She also shares her thoughts on leadership, and why Clubhouse is a platform you should consider using.
- Who is Swan Sit? [00:18]
- How did you get started in the business? [2:02]
- How did the “Dream Crazy” Nike ad campaign come about and what was it like to work on it? [3:22]
- How important is it to understand that you can’t please everybody? [5:50]
- What is the limit with the way big brands tell stories, and how should small brands bring their own beliefs into their storytelling? [7:14]
- What’s it like working for these big companies? How do things go from ideas to implementation? [11:52]
- How important is storytelling ability when it comes to building a business and a brand? [16:51]
- Is now the time to transition to the digital space? [22:47]
- How important is building a brand and your own platform in a way that you can be seen everywhere? [33:46]
- What does leadership look like in our current environment? [37:00]
- Is Clubhouse legit? Why do you love it? [43:49]
- How did you grow on Clubhouse so fast? [47:57]
- What advice would you give dads who want to raise strong, independent women? [51:00]
Connect with us:
Connect with Swan Sit
Connect with Jason Portnoy